Posted on July 01, 2010
By John Nunemaker
Here’s the overview of tonight’s deploy:
- Fixed bug where editing or deleting a comment on a blog post with a custom permalink would change the permalink back to based on the title (probably affected only a few people).
- Reordering pages was not blowing away the page cache.
- You can now pick who gets comment notification emails for each blog. The author of any post is always emailed and now if you go to your blog’s settings, you will see an area in the sidebar where you can select additional people to receive an email for each comment.
- Comment author url’s are now normalized. This means if someone forgets http://, we add it automatically behind the scenes. Also covers http: and http:/ just for good measure.
- Lots of work on sanitization of comment fields and on consistent filtering of text through textile and markdown.
We have a few more things that are half-baked and should be out soon so keep your eyes open!